Statistics show follow-up accounts for 25% of your win rate, so follow-up is important to ensure you are the one closing that deal! Because the construction industry has a one to many sales process (subcontractors and general contractors are all bidding for one opportunity), it is easy to drop the ball on follow-up and not close an opportunity due to missed follow-up. iDeal CRM supports you to keep track of follow-up with prioritization through automation. In this tutorial:
- Follow Up on Construction Opportunities
Follow Up on Construction Opportunities
- On your Opportunities Board, select the opportunity in one of the Follow-Up stages by clicking the checkmarks on the card(s).
- Click on the … breadcrumbs.
- From the drop-down menu, select Follow Up by Email.
- In the follow-up tool, choose whether to follow-up via mail with all main contacts or all contacts attached to the opportunities selected. Then select Run Follow-Up List.
- Select an Email Template and Subject and the email body will auto populate from your preset email templates.
- Next to each Contact you’ll see when they were last emailed.
- For each contact you also have a list of active opportunities with follow-up dates due in the next 2 weeks. You can include any of these active opportunities in the same follow-up email.
- This feature reminds you of all active opportunities due within the next 2 weeks.
- Click Send Email.
- After you send the email, the system will prompt you to Set Next Follow-up Date. iDeal CRM updates each client’s follow-up date for the specific opportunities based on the newly set follow-up date.
- It also recalcutate the opportunity follow-up date for you if you have multiple clients attached to one opportunity (each with a different follow-up date). In that case, the new opportunity follow-up date is the next newest date on the calendar.
- iDeal automatically adds copies of the follow-up emails on each Opportunity and Contact record as Notes.